Welcome to November! I’m so excited to be sending this to you.
What is it? 😊
< < < < < < < D R U M R O L L > > > > > >
This is the first issue of “BE THE SPARK,” a Newsletter for all women who are part of the Women Who Spark Tribe and Community.
I’m so excited to be sending this to you.
“BE THE SPARK” will evolve with your input. In this first issue, I am going to share:
- Fun Facts about the Women Who Spark Community
- Learning and Inspiration
- An Exciting Announcement About Women Helping Women. REALLY exciting!!!!!
- Upcoming Events
Okay, let’s get started.
- We have 1700 women in the Facebook Community, the Women Who Spark Tribe.
- We have a total of 2000 women who are involved in some way with the Women Who Spark Community. Be sure to visit aletanorris.com to check out EVERYTHING.
- We collectively represent 22 countries and almost 200 cities in the United States.
- The Women Who Spark Facebook Tribe has grown from 0 women on May 1, 2019 to over 1700 women on November 1, 2019.
Here is what this tells me about you:
- You are women who care about other women.
- You value friendship and community.
- You enjoy being in a place where you can interact with like-minded women.
In this section, each month, I will share one blog post with you and one YouTube Video.
Establish a Morning Routine For A Fulfilling Day (A seven-minute read)
A morning routine is a set of activities you do in the morning to enhance your physical, spiritual and mental state.
Morning routines help you get an earlier start to your day with less wasted time. You’ll increase your likelihood for feeling fantastic at 10:00 am with an “Oh my gosh, it’s only 10 o’clock? I can’t believe how much I’ve accomplished!”
Some of the other benefits include:
- “Me time” before others in the family start needing you.
- An opportunity to organize your day for heightened efficiency and less anxiety.
- An increase in your self-discipline.
- Feeling better about yourself. Seriously, you will feel happier and more confident if you get your day started productively.
- Women are looking for encouragement and support.
- Women want to be positive, productive and purpose driven.
Want to hear more? https://aletanorris.com/establish-a-morning-routine-for-a-fulfilling-day/
How To Become More Confident (a 14-minute video)
Some of the most famous and beautiful female actors and performers in the world struggle with insecurity and lack of self-confidence. If you tune into pop culture, you’ll pick up on this in interviews.
- I’m not pretty enough.
- I uncomfortable with how my face looks.
- I don’t think I’m talented.
- Someone will figure it out that I’m not good.
I have to admit, I have found these passing interview moments helpful. I’ve thought, Holy smokes, if she is struggling with her confidence, why, then, shouldn’t the rest of us?
It must be so much more normal than I ever imagined.
What does low self-confidence feel like?
- Being unsure of yourself.
- Being afraid that you’ll fail.
- Feeling like others will laugh at you.
- Feeling unattractive.
- Feeling overwhelmed and certain you’ll never figure it out.
- Feeling inferior to others
Since I launched my Women Who Spark platform, I have had a number of women share their insecurities with me.
- I could never do that.
- I want to do something else, but I don’t believe that I can.
- I’m afraid to say something to that person, because I’ll look stupid.
Watch this video for five ways to become more self-confident.
I am SO excited to talk about how women can help women in the Women Who Spark Community!
With the help of our new Board of Directors, I have added the Women Who Spark Foundation to the Women Who Spark offerings! Thank you to Nancy Lewis and Theresa Custer for joining me on the Board! A huge shout out to Theresa who handled all of the forms and legalities to get things set up. A shout out to Nancy, my business partner of 23 years for a generous contribution from our company, Living As A Leader (www.livingasaleader.com) of $6000 to get things rolling!
Aleta Norris, President
Nancy Lewis, Secretary
Theresa Custer, Treasurer
OUR MISSION: Help women who have an unexpected financial need….because every day, women somewhere are facing tough circumstances.
Through the Foundation, we offer Spark Grants. These are one-time financial contributions of up to $500 for a woman who has an unexpected financial need that we may be able to help offset. It may be a car payment, help with rent, a broken appliance or shoes or winter coats for the kids. Eventually, we will increase this amount to $1000. This is a starting point.
Here is where YOU come in!
Can I encourage you to become a one-time donor or a monthly SPARK donor?
We have a GOAL! We would love to have 100 women signed up to be a monthly SPARK donor for $5 per month by December 31, 2019.
You can become a SPARK donor at https://aletanorris.com/wws-foundation/
AND, your donation is tax deductible.
Know someone who is struggling? You are welcome to nominate a friend or neighbor, who is experiencing a financial hardship, to be considered for a Spark Grant. Learn more at www.aletanorris.com/wws-foundation/
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING YOUR TIME? We are in the process of building a volunteer team for Fund Raising! Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested!
I’m excited to travel to Kingman, AZ on November 9th for a gathering and book signing. Come and join us!!
Drop me a line at email@example.com. ANY TIME!
- What would you like to see in our monthly newsletter?
- What events would to promote?
- What photos would you like to share?
Let’s create a Newsletter we can all be excited about.
Thank you so much for being here.